Pinterest

pinterest-site-verification=36e5e61a0a19bbf109eceb6b444d911d

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Spiritual Sundays, Out back.


Our sunflowers about a month ago before dying off and leaving the seed for the birds to feed on.

This is a female king parrot.


           


One of my favourites is the Bird O Paradise. It grows in my side yard.



                                                                     
The taller plant is a Kangaroo paw, we have them in three different colours.
They grow up to approx four feet tall. The dark pink is a Lilly.
                                                             
                                                             

There are always visitors close by.
                                              



In the Palm tree.

                                                              


And White Cockatoo's on the overhead wires.

                                                          


Frangapani in the back yard.




With the yummy Paw Paw tree.
Its been growing about a year. This is our first crop of fruit. 
Look at the size! They turn a yellow orange colour when ripe.

 



And a little bit of America to help my hubby feel at home.
Where we lived in Tennessee was Cherokee country.
So a chief smokes his peace pipe in our garden.

                                                              
JESUS SAID.....
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.
Not as the world gives do I give to you.
Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."

John 14:27

17 comments:

  1. what a wonderful collection of plants and visitors to your garden. I too, love Birds of Paradise - unfortunately it is not a plant that is grown here and to buy it in the florist requires you to take out a loan!!! but the colours are so vibrant. Thank you for the Bible verse a reminder of where our true source of Peace comes from - Christ himself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos of the flowers and the birds...I tried growing that bird of paradise when we lived in norhtern CA but it could not stand the winters....so no success with it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some mighty fine things down under! Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures once again. Your paw-paw looks entirely different than our American variety. Does it have a banana-like taste like ours does?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your birds and flowers and pawpaw make your garden a tropical paradise, and you quoting Scripture adds to the upbeat flavor.
    I see you are a writer, as am I. My first book was published and I am working on my second. How is your writing coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judith, Yes, Christ is our peace and our everything.

    Pat, Thats a shame, they are amazing.

    Sandie, Hope your having a wonderful time in California.

    Georges, The taste is unique, but not like banana...Actually I also love the Custard Apple and they have a taste between banana and pinapple.

    Terra, Tell me the name of your book and I will look it up. Mine is with my editor Wendy Chorot an American lass living in France.
    God's blessing on you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing the beauty of God's nature at your very back door. Isn't God's world beautiful? Thank you for sharing it with us. God bless, Dr. Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing a little corner of your world with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary I love flowers, plants and birds.
    all.of.them. I only realize how much I don't know about them when I visit blogs as yours who knows the names of everything. I love it and thank the good Lord someone is intelligent.
    Happy Sunday..........:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing captures.
    Great post.
    God bless.

    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful birds you are blessed with in your area.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning! your garden and your life are nothing less than stunning! i love all the wild birds and i could swear that i was looking at a coral garden when i saw the photos of the kangaroo paw! i simply cannot imagine living in such a wonderful place as australia. you'll have to give us some background on the pawpaw tree...the only thought going through my mind is what are you going to do with all that fruit once it becomes ripe??
    have a wonderful day, my blessed friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all.
    The Paw Paw will be eaten and given to others. Any left over can be frozen..I LOVE IT!

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures with us, Crystal Mary. You live in a beautiful part of God's beautiful world.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, it looks like the Garden of Eden with all the beautiful plants, flowers and birds!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What beautiful pictures...So clear and the colors are so vivid! I enjoyed them very much.I am sure you must find them peaceful and calming....God bless...
    www.myautumnyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mrs. Lindsey,
    Thank you so much for sharing! The Lord has really made some beautiful plants and flowers, hasn't he? We love it when you share a little bit about Australia, my younger sisters are planning to study Australia soon. I'll have to show them all your pictures.

    Blessings,
    Kathrann

    ReplyDelete

Please take the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading your replies. Often you encourage or teach me something I need to know. Life is full of wonderful surprises, so go ahead and AMAZE me today.

Dio ti ama così siamo connessi.