Pinterest

pinterest-site-verification=36e5e61a0a19bbf109eceb6b444d911d

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Who Am I ?

Do you ever wonder this?
Have you ever felt lost and think, what does my life mean?
If you knew the story of your life in advance, would you
 rush ahead or give up before you began?

Think about this, just for a moment.....

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord,
Plans to prosper,
Not to harm you,
Plans to give you a hope and a future. "
Jeremiah 29:11

Now that's encouraging...
And yet, you may say while reading this, I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.... its all just too hard..
Me at 3.
We were not a rich family, my father returned from the war, shell shocked.  I was born the second youngest of five children. My father became incapacitated when I was eight, my grandfather died not long after....
My mother went to work, and we learned from a young age, that life was tough.  The best part of all our hardships was belonging to a church family. The old tin Lizzie, driven by our minister, came regularly to pick up my younger brother and I each week for Sunday School.... 
What a joy that was. Riding down those dusty country roads singing chorus's at the top of our lungs, and learning the accepting love of Jesus Christ. 
I met and married my first husband when I was very young.
My mother was against it. We were unevenly yoken, she said...
And through much hurt and pain, I learnt she was right.
Pictured with my first child, daughter Femia.

When you are young you think you know it all.
I was no different.
I married into a different culture and to a man who I loved dearly, yet one who denied the Lord.
When I walked away over thirty years later, I was a broken mess.
Yet today in wisdom, I thank the Lord.
I know if my marriage had been different God would never have come first.

And in time, I was to come to realise how...

"He turned my mourning into dancing,
and my sorrow into joy."  Psalm 30:11

My younger daughter Daniella, with five of my grandchildren when small.
From left, Antonio, Luke, Kirra, Elyshah and Joel. 



 Today, Joel, Luke and Elyshah at Nanna's.

Because of what I have come through, and what I have come from,
I know first hand that God's promise above is true.
Today all of my children have a faith in God, and all of my grandchildren have grown up in Him.

My eldest granddaughter has married a Christian man.
They are both at Uni studying teaching and plan to be Missionaries.


My youngest granddaughter Shiarn.


My youngest grandson Izaiah with cousin Shiarn.

Their road to travel has just begun.
There will be good times and not so good. 
But if they acknowledge the Lord in all they do, the blessings will flow.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart,
And lean not on thine own understanding.
But in all thy ways acknowledge me.
And I will make straight, thy paths."
Proverbs 3: 5-6



                                                 SO TRUE !!!








 

23 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful post. Thank you so much Crystal Mary.

    I hope you're keeping well.

    God bless you and your family always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree, the the comment above, this is a wonderful post, with wonderful scriptures, thank you for sharing Crystal Mary and God Bless you. - Nita

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Crystal Mary. Thank you for sharing a part of your story, of hope and healing and God's unfailing love and faithfulness.God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading more of your story of God's redemption. What a beautiful lot of grandkids you have . . . (slightly envious).

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Crystal! For several years at one point in my life, I literally didn't care if I lived or died, despite being a Christian. The Lord was faithful all during that time, though, and kept working with me. Now, I choose life, and for as long as He chooses it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If only we would remember Prov. 3: 5-6. Lives would not end up the mess that many are. My life is full of mistakes because I did not follow that rule.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post Crystal Mary. Thank you so much for sharing! I loved all the photos of you when young and your gorgeous family. God bless you all. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sentiments. And beautiful shots of a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this story, Crystal Mary. You are blessed with a beautiful famiy. My favorite photo is the sepia toned one of your daughter and grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for being so open and honest. I think that our mistakes - if we learn from them - do turn into our biggest blessings. You have a wonderful family! All beautiful and you too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely enjoyed this post. The pictures and the words written from your heart have touched me. Thank you for sharing. Thankful God has rescued you and turned your life around. He has indeed restored to you the years that the locust has eaten. What a beautiful story of restoration and redemption.

    Your blog never fails to inspire me each time I visit.

    Much love
    Lidj

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOMEly encouraging post! Thank you for the huge smile on my face and for some of my favorite encouraging and uplifting Bible verses. And thank you for sharing your sweet family memories - what joys! Praying you are ALLLL better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Crystal. Beautiful post and family.

    Jeremiah 29, verse 12 goes on to say "If you invoke me and pray to me, I will listen to you: when you seek me, you shall find me; if you search with all your heart,I will let you find me, says the Lord.

    This scripture has had such a huge impact on me and has special significance for me. After hearing this scripture on the radio one day, I asked the Lord if he promised, I was going through one of the most difficult times of my life. I looked up out the window and there on the other side of the trees was a tiny rainbow with a base of about 70 meters. God gave Noah a sign of his promise and he gave me one too.
    This was the period when I was coming to understand the reality of God for the first time after being a Christian for more than 20 years.
    The above scriptures is so true that it is difficult to believe. Why would anyone care about me, especially God, the creator of the whole universe? But the truth He does and through your experience and life he has cared about you too, even when you didn't even know it.
    Thank you for an awesome post. I tried to write this comment earlier but my obtuse machine would not allow me. Oh well you have it now. God bless you my friend, love, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It reminds me of the song that has as part of its words, "God is faithful . . . . to deliver . . . " HE certainly can make miracles out of our messes. Praise God for the testimony you have today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My daughter's graduating class used this verse as their motto. God has plans for us all. Emily has life ahead of her -- I'm in the fall of my life and He still has plans for me. What a blessed thought!

    With joy,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful testimony. Thank you for sharing it. You have a beautiful family.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I pray for my grandchildren so that what ever road they travel it will be pleasing to the Lord.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Victor, I have been ill, but still counting my blessings..Bless you my brother.

    Nita, May od Bless you also.

    Vilisi God Bless heaps.

    Glenda, God be with you. x

    Gorges, I understand completely. Big hug brother!

    Phillip, No none of us are perfect, we all mess up. Thank God we are saved by grace.

    Joan, God bless you heaps.

    Clint, sweet blessings mate.

    Cindy, The photo to mentioned was taken my my daughter Femia, who is a professional photographer. I'll have to share her blog.

    Sandie, As always you are so wise. xxx

    Lidj, You never fail to inspire me also. xx

    Kaye, How awesome you are. xx

    Geoff, Thank you for adding the rest of that scripture..what an inspiration it is..I am so glad it helped you. God is our comfort and strength. Big Hug..

    Lynda, Yes He surely is faith to deliever. xx

    Charlotte, Blessingd to you. x

    Bobby, bless you my sister. xx

    Ginger, My dear one. I appreciate those words so very much. God Bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Crystal Mary,

    I went through the same thing with my first marriage. No one said anything to me until I left him... and Daddy told me that he knew it was a mistake. Grandma told me that she knew he was wrong for me and I shouldn't marry again. Thank goodness we had no children, and the marriage lasted only 9 months. I tried to leave after a few days. You learn much in a few days. He not a Christian and I didn't know that, and his lifestyle certainly reflected it.

    Your Mother was so right!!!

    My sister selected Greg for me. She said that I was no good at picking men. Our second date was to Church, and after two weeks he was asking me to marry him. We've been married for 28 years, and shall be married until the Lord separates us.

    We have two daughters and on Grandson, Jack. We've had our spats, and still do, but everything works out because our marriage is Christ centered. Also, we've entered our 50's, so we're calming down.

    I love your post, the pictures and I want you to know that I'm praying for you.

    I'm sorry I wrote a book on your blog. I just came spilling out.

    God bless you, Crystal Mary.
    Joey

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet and Beautiful Dear Crystal Mary,
    You have got so many wonderful comments after your fascinating posts. I love the picture of you as a little child holding your doll. You were a beautiful child. Then, I also love the picture of you holding your baby Femia. The photos of your children and grandchildren are awesome. You look fantastic now with your grandchild, Crystal. Your gorgeous skin, blonde hair and sky blue eyes make you shine from head to toe. I think everybody loves you so much, Crystal. You have such an adorable personality, sweetheart. I hope and pray that you are doing well. I also pray for your son's healings and complete recovery. I admire your charming and smart ways in teaching your wisdom to others. I am so grateful for your kind advice. You helped me a lot, Crystal. You opened up my eyes.
    Thank you so much, my dear Online friend!! You are a precious gem, and I'll never forget your loving ways in showing me the way to find the truth. I hope and pray that we may remain in touch with a friendship in Christ.
    God's richest blessings may always abound in your life, Crystal, and those you love!!
    Blessings,
    Poet Starry.

    ReplyDelete

Please take the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading your replies. Often you encourage or teach me something I need to know. Life is full of wonderful surprises, so go ahead and AMAZE me today.

Dio ti ama così siamo connessi.