Pinterest

pinterest-site-verification=36e5e61a0a19bbf109eceb6b444d911d

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

How Can I Be Right With God?



Knowing a lot about a little, OR knowing a little about a lot......
I don't know where I fit into this but I feel the important thing is, knowing as much as I can about God..........
Here I don't profess to know it all because I realise as I age that you never stop learning and the more you learn the more you realise, how little you know.

I once attended a church who gave out books teaching on different Bible subjects.   I came to the conclussion one day,  that God is our teacher, not some religious denomination.  Later at University I had the privilege to study philosophy which further opened my eyes to different value and belief systems. 
Following this, I concluded as I had many years previously, that my God gave His Word the Bible as my teacher.  No man could teach with the same direction as the Holy Spirit, after all, wasn't God the author, and didn't Jesus give the Helper to us for this means!

Yes, I do attend a church and I do partake in communion with the saints and I do pray with fellow believers...  But, I do not proclaim one certain denomination to be the only true following.

I am reminded of the parable Jesus told of two men praying in the Temple.
One was a pious Pharisee who saw himself righteous before God...after all, he strictly followed the law to the letter. The other man, a tax collector beat his breast in anguish, freely admitting himself as sinful.
The Pharisee belonged to the elite and the tax collector to the select few.  Summing up which man was right and which was wrong, Jesus said, "The one who exalts himself will be humbled and the one who humbles himself, will be exalted." (Luke 18: 9-14)

This doesn't mean the large denomination is wrong and the small is right.  Rather we are all to be humble as Gods Word describes in 1 Corinthians 8: 1-13.... 2. "Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn't really know very much."  3. "But the person who loves God is the one God recognises."

Finally....Jesus said,  "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father accept through me." (John 14:6)    

SALVATION IS ONLY THROUGH JESUS.    

2 comments:

  1. Do you liek tags?
    You've been tagged!!

    www.hkms-kathrann.blogspot.com

    Blessings,
    Kathrann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathrann... Its my first and its great. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Please take the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading your replies. Often you encourage or teach me something I need to know. Life is full of wonderful surprises, so go ahead and AMAZE me today.

Dio ti ama così siamo connessi.