Pinterest

pinterest-site-verification=36e5e61a0a19bbf109eceb6b444d911d

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Facebook Competiion

It won't be long before I write Ray a message on Facebook to the effect of..
"Good Morning Ray, This is your wife, typing. I tried calling you to breakfast, but your eyes are glued to the screen and your ears are blocked."
LOL

Or how about.
"HELP,  Wanted two strong men, to disengage my husband from the computer.

Does this sound like your house....??

I have decided there is a barrier in my life and its called FACEBOOK!.
The devil is on the loose, using what looks like a harmless social connection to prevent every day family communication.

Ray finally came to breakfast, after I had done everything to get him there.
In the end I said my Grace and began to eat, alone, as I often do now. 

So for dinner tonight.......
I have made a weapon of mass destruction!!!!
And,  it will be directed straight at Ray's stomach.

Ah Ha!! you might well say, whats she up to now..
Well, an American from Tennessee, living in tropical Queensland, occasionally has a hankering for good old fashioned southern food...or tucker, as we say here.

I made him Chilli and Cornbread, ....the fragrance of the south.
 
His seat is empty, I won this round so.....La La to Facebook!
What is this site doing to person to person communication and relationships?
Nothing replaces the personal, live, human contact.

There are pro's and con's about everything.
With restricted use, it can help people to keep in touch with those friends and family far away.

As with any addiction, it needs to be controlled.
Otherwise, it will control the user. 
Will we soon see Face-book Detox Centres?
For some, it may come to that.

What of the future??
I pray that church congregations don't begin to form groups on Facebook.
Otherwise, we will end up with empty places of worship.
What would Jesus say about this?

 "Do not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching."
Hebrews 10:25

21 comments:

  1. That FB can be addicting, and you are wise to lure Ray out with great tasting food instead of bitter words. I have a friend who has a similar thing with her husband and it is causing some friction with them.

    Chili and cornbread- mmmmmm. I can smell it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelly I hope all is well with you as far as those tornado's go.xx
      I loooovve Chili..

      Delete
  2. Then there's my husband who's never touched the keyboard of a computer. Hard to imagine. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be true...the way to a mans heart is through his stomach. In the past men escaped to their garage...now it is a man cave or the computer.But the kitchen always won them over. Your scripture is a big eye opener and one to be concerned about. Our future with technology is definitely on a slippery slope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, life is changing too quickly. I prefer the personal experience.

      Delete
  4. This is so true Crystal, my husband is even on it now and we both find ourselves addicted..I hate to say it but it is a true addiction..The chili sounds good, hope it works..lol..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Crystal Mary, Yes, a lot of time can be spent on line (especially if you have a slow connection), but it's a real problem when it starts affecting family relationships at home. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if in the near future they have help clinics for on-line addicts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never know what will happen next do we? You are a great mum and spend time with your boy, nothing is so important as that. x

      Delete
  6. Talking about slow connections, mine is taking forever. :)
    Crystal Mary, I've lived alone for such a long time now and the only thing that really gets to me is the absence of human interaction. I spend time blogging as a way to overcome that ,but it in no way compares with spending time with someone in person.
    I do not have a Facebook account, I found it to be too intrusive. I must say, your approach is very ingenious and obviously effective. Well done.
    Blessings from Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Geoff,for you the computer is a God send. I am sure you would never replace your personal relationship with that.

      Delete
  7. You started something with chili and cornbread. Next is real fried chicken, mashed potatoes and milk gravy. Soon the man won't be able to lift himself to go to the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good thinking Crystal. Like a lot of things it's good in moderation but.....
    My man doesn't like computers but can get lost in a book. Always there for meals though
    Blessings Val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Val, I spend time when there is nothing else to do. But I don't like to over spend. xx

      Delete
  9. I sure do get you about communicating on the computer! My hubby is not much of a computer guy but the kids are and we have some pretty cool conversations on social media while sitting across from each other. ;P

    I am glad you were able to get your husband off the computer via his stomach. :) Way to go!!

    Talking about church on social media, for Facebook I don't really know of any but on Twitter you can hit a Bible study 2 times a day and there is a prayer time as well. Since I am pretty much home bound I do enjoy this type of fellowship it is a great way to connect and spread God's word.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mate, I know many get connected to the Lord through media because they can't get out. Many are lonely also, so having a computer brings the world into their home. My concern is, how many, who could converse with each other are not? So sorry to hear of your circumstances, I send lots of hugs to you... and much love. xx

      Delete
  10. That...was funny!
    God bless you!
    Hugs, BShell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bahaha, yup ... Way to control a man is food for sure. Works on me.

    ReplyDelete

Please take the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading your replies. Often you encourage or teach me something I need to know. Life is full of wonderful surprises, so go ahead and AMAZE me today.

Dio ti ama così siamo connessi.