Pinterest

pinterest-site-verification=36e5e61a0a19bbf109eceb6b444d911d

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Sad World

This world is becoming a sad place.
A place growing more and more without God.

 People turn away from God and don't want to know Him.
Perhaps they blame him for the hurts in their life?
He gives us all free choices. This includes people who willingly mistreat us.

When life goes wrong, we can turn to God, or away from Him.
Its not a difficult choice for me.
In Him, and often Him alone, I find comfort.

The parents of the Newtown massacre, face a bleak Christmas this year.
And there are probably many other people who have also experieced traumas at this time.
For myself, I will keep a candle burning in remembrance of all those hurting.
I especially think of my grandson Matteo who I never got to know.
He died on Christmas Day aged 10days old in 1998.

Its not good to dwell on the negative, but it is good to remember.
Remembering hopefully brings empathy and a greater service to others.
Yes it turns bitter into better, it turns our mourning into dancing.

 
They are all so beautiful....

Revelation 21:4  
"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

15 comments:

  1. I am having a hard time not thinking about this Crystal Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe all mothers will be in anguish. Dead can come at any age, or time. This makes me realise how much love we need to give out to all, while we have the time.

      Delete
  2. This has so hurt my heart since Friday. My prayer is that the God of all comfort be with them and bring healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Shelley.. Time gradually helps the grief pass. But the memory lingers on.

      Delete
  3. Yes, life is short and we dont know when we are going to say goodbye from this world. I have a friend who died this week in a car accident and it was a shock too, but I know she is in heaven now. A better place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joy, I think if we really knew Heaven then we would all want to die and go. It is sad for those left behind.

      Delete
  4. Hi Crystal,

    Well said, the grief and pain is hard to begin to understand and it does hurt to even try. I love the scripture you have quoted from revelation and have made mention of it on Facebook myself

    Christmas Love and Hugs to you and family - God Bless - Nita

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, let's never forget all of those precious, innocent children whose lives were taken away from them... I continue to pray for that community and those families. May God bless them all --and God Bless all of us.

    Our country has turned away from God --and just continues to do that... Tragedies like this will just continue as long as people don't find God in their lives.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Crystal Mary! It was so good to hear from you earlier today, thank you. The verse you posted here, Revelation 21:4, is one of my favorites. How comforting to carry that promise in our hearts.

    Just wanted to share that Clint and I are spending Christmas in Gatlinburg. I had always wanted to do this, we made reservations last January. You are one blogger friend that would be familiar with Gatlinburg in the Smoky Mountains.

    BTW, the "mystery man" has the initials M.E. and sings in the G. Vocal Band.

    Clint and I hope you and Ray have a wonderful Christmas and many blessings in the coming new year! ♥

    Love,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The world is so Sad...nice memorial for Newtown. Tears will be wiped away

    ReplyDelete
  9. …....... /)
    ……... ( , )
    ….….|░░░|
    ……..|░░░|☆ Feliz _(♥)_
    …..@|░░░|¸.¤“˜¨Navidad.
    .¨˜“¤|░░ഐ¤ª@“˜¨¨y
    …¨˜“გª¤.¸::¸.¤ª☆“˜¨¨Año Nuevo.
    …¤¸*¸.¤ª“˜@¨¨¨***2013****.
    *♥*.MaRiBeL.*♥*

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was such a heartbreaking incident and like you, it pains me until now. But we need to believe that things can still get better.

    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The world got a little smaller. There is a plan. We just have to wait for it to unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crystal, this is very sad. I just wanted to pop in and wish you a blessed and peaceful Christmas...xox.

    ReplyDelete

Please take the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading your replies. Often you encourage or teach me something I need to know. Life is full of wonderful surprises, so go ahead and AMAZE me today.

Dio ti ama così siamo connessi.