Pinterest

pinterest-site-verification=36e5e61a0a19bbf109eceb6b444d911d

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

The Housebound Person

The internet and social media is how many people who are housebound keep in contact with the outside world. 

I lived and worked in Tennessee, USA, for a few years, and can continue to enjoy the pleasure of visiting family and friends who reside there, by means of my laptop. 

The daily family life of work changing the community as a whole become visual even though I am thousands of miles away. 

I think of migrants who left their countries at a time when there were no such connections. They awaited letters which were few and far between, to keep them in contact. How isolated must they have felt.

We have much to be thankful for - yet are we??

Often we still find much to complain about. 
Oh, what a thankless world we live in. 

I am reminded of the Israelites taken out of slavery from Egypt. Life became simple and easy. They had time now to relax, talk and socialize with one another. There was no more harassment or beatings.

Yet before long, they began to complain. I think that complaining must be a spirit that comes to live within us when we allow the company. 

I am guilty and that's why I write this. I want to be conscious of my sin. I want to stop myself and feel grateful instead of resentful. 
I desire to be more like Jesus, and less like I am. 

What does this message convey to you? 



When we die to self and live for the Lord, our actions and words touch
the lives of others. We no longer see a disability but an opportunity.  
We can be His mouth to carry the good News and show, love, forgiveness and compassion. Through the phone or email.                                                              

We can be His ears to listen when someone needs an ear to hear. Distance has no barrier.

We can be His arms to give a hug of feeling in a time of need. Even a spoken hug displays love. 

We can breath in the breath of life and enjoy with a thankful heart. 

We can taste all we are provided with and be thankful. 






   




5 comments:

Please take the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading your replies. Often you encourage or teach me something I need to know. Life is full of wonderful surprises, so go ahead and AMAZE me today.

Dio ti ama così siamo connessi.