Pinterest

pinterest-site-verification=36e5e61a0a19bbf109eceb6b444d911d

Sunday, November 22, 2009

TENNESSEE.....Blue Grass Country.....True Friendships.

Tennessee is a special place to me and a special place to be. When I first arrived I wondered if I were in Heaven. People were patients and kind, friendly and helpful.

Having to learn to drive on the opposite side of the road, caused me confusion but no-one else. They just sat patiently and waited, until I was back on the right side of the road once more. Then with a cheery wave they saw me on my way. How I appreciated the courtesy and kindness.

I soon discovered nothing was too much trouble and even last final wishes of a friend were not to be discounted,  but respected and honoured.

It took some time for my credentialing to come through and Boards to be passed. So while waiting I worked as a volunteer Counsellor at "The Sheppard Center" and my church. Here I met wonderful aquaintances who became second family  to me. We still communicate and I have been back to re-connect a couple of times.

One day a story published in the local newspaper brought a woman in to visit. I learned she was a fellow countryman originally from a suburb in Victoria where my elder sister had once practiced. So just in conversation I told her this. 
"What's her name," she asked. I told her not thinking it would matter, only to be told. 
"I know her, she went outback to work with the flying doctors didn't she?"  Shocked I couldn't believe I'd come right across the world to meet someone who knew my sister. ..... There is no place like home and now I have two........ Tennessee and Queensland.

1 comment:

  1. Hidey!
    Thank you for commenting on my blog!
    May God bless you!

    I live in Tennessee.
    It's a beautiful place, I'm so glad you enjoyed it while you were here!

    Blessings,
    Kathrann from:
    www.hkms-kathrann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please take the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading your replies. Often you encourage or teach me something I need to know. Life is full of wonderful surprises, so go ahead and AMAZE me today.

Dio ti ama così siamo connessi.