Pinterest

pinterest-site-verification=36e5e61a0a19bbf109eceb6b444d911d

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Needs OR My Wants....what is important?



Could anyone NOT love the 23 Psalm?



It gives such re-assurance in every line. Reading from the ‘New Living Translation’ we are told that, The Lord, leads us, He guides us, He gives us rest, He is with us in our darkest hour, He sends Angels to keep guard over us and He has Eternity prepared and waiting for us as our final destination.


Verse 6 says, “ Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me.”
I prefer the King James version of, “Surely Goodness and Mercy will follow me all the days of my life.”


Here I picture Goodness and Mercy as the names of two Angels…..they follow behind me wherever I go.


Note: They are not in front or at the side. They don’t guide or direct where I should go. God didn’t make robots, He allows free choices. Yet when I stumble and fall, Goodness and Mercy step forward and lift me up……..holding me steady until I am ready to continue on.


Not a word is said.
No condemnation, no reproof, or chiding, just loving understanding.
I am allowed to think for myself. To consider what I have done or failed to do right.


Reading the 23rd Psalm I am told it all………
The Lord surely is my Sheppard and I shall not want (for anything)…..Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading your replies. Often you encourage or teach me something I need to know. Life is full of wonderful surprises, so go ahead and AMAZE me today.

Dio ti ama così siamo connessi.