Pinterest

pinterest-site-verification=36e5e61a0a19bbf109eceb6b444d911d

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

MYSTERY OF A CREEPING ILLNESS

Diabetes(raised blood sugar) is a mystery illness that creeps up.
Type II is from ages 40 and over.

Symptoms of this are:

Frequent hunger (polyphagia).
This prevents the body from absorbing needed glucose.

Frequent urination (polyuria).
This happens when excess sugar molecules end up in the kidney's.
Water follows these molecules, increasing urination.

Frequent thirst (polydipsia). This causes you to dehydrated.

With all of this is the feeling of nausea, being unwell, and sleepy all the time. Your vision may become slightly blurred, you PUT ON WEIGHT and MAY have re-occurring infections?

Added to this is the stress. You may become depressed, suffer anxiety, and have fuzzy head feelings as if you are going crazy.

**There will be times when your Blood Sugar Level actually drops.
When it does, you will experience the following symptoms.

Hunger

Shakiness

Nervousness

Sweating

Dizziness or light-headiness

Sleepiness

Confusion

Difficulty speaking

Anxiety

Weakness

When this occurs, have ONE of the following. Apple or orange juice. Milk or lemonade. Or some candy. These will raise your sugar.

These problems can also occur during sleep.

Some signs of hypoglycemia during sleep include.

Crying out or having nightmares

Excessive perspiration.

Feeling tired, irritable, or confused on waking.

• Type II Diabetes comes on slowly and often doesn't have any early symptoms. You should have yearly tests if you have ANY of the following:

You are over age 40 and have a family history of diabetes
Have hypertension (high blood pressure)
High cholesterol
Obese or overweight
Physical inactivity

Please don’t feel fearful. . Education means knowledge and knowledge power.
If you suspect this may be you, go visit your doctor and get help.
And…..walk for at least twenty minutes per day. This helps to release the insulin from the pancreas.

AND Remember, Go loves you. 


He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
(Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;)
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
(Isaiah 40:29-31)
Sunrising on Jerusalem.

9 comments:

  1. Very informative and well discribed post.Peoples can asses them to read this artcle.I hope you will write some thing about Thalasemiya also to aware people about that.
    With Regards.
    Hemant

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a special lady informing everyone about the signs of diabetes......God Bless....Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great and informative post Crystal Mary. Thanx for this. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my husband. His Mother had it and his sister has it. He has bad ulcers on his feet that are more than worrying. Thank you for your posting Crystal Mary.
    Love and Hugs
    June xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had hypoglycemia and lost 60 pounds in a matter of a few weeks. My doctor put me on a diet and I had to go weigh in every other day. I lost down to 114 pounds and actually loved it. Crazy, I know..

    I wish I had a copy of that diet now. It was sort of like the diabetic diet; very similar.

    I fell off the wagon after a couple of years, but my sugars are normal. Do you know where I could find it?

    This was great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello All, If you have suffered from Hypoglycemia you could eventually get the Hyperglycemia (Diabetes type II)
    The diet is mainly to keep off the Carbohydrates,all wheat products, and sugars in drinks and foods, carrots corn and potato's.

    Eat more green leaf vegetables, legumes (in moderation) nuts(not cashews) and meat. No more than 1-2 pieces of fruit daily. Oats are okay as in Oatmeal (so good for the liver and cholesterol).
    Take care all. Blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Respected Mam,
    Thanks for taking iterest about my suggessions.But my daughters or any other relatives are not suffering from Thalasemiya.
    Actually one of my Educational T. V.'s programme's artist(chiild Artist) was suffering from this.And now she is no more.God bless her.
    After her death i am tryng to make a short film about Thailasemiya.I wants to aware peoples about this illness.because if people learn/read about this they could privent it.
    I am again assuring you that my daughters or no any relatives are suffering from this serious illnes.
    Thanks again for taking interest.
    Hemant

    ReplyDelete
  8. My whole family on my dad's side had it. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crystal, That was very good. I have suffered from hypoglycemia for years, but with diet I have never been labeled a diabetic. Jerry's came on suddenly or maybe he ignored the symptoms, but he is a diabetic now. We watch our diet and so far he has never been put on medicine. I hope we can continue to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Please take the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading your replies. Often you encourage or teach me something I need to know. Life is full of wonderful surprises, so go ahead and AMAZE me today.

Dio ti ama così siamo connessi.