Pinterest

pinterest-site-verification=36e5e61a0a19bbf109eceb6b444d911d

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

The Phenomenon of Death

Are you afraid to die?


SOUL and SPIRIT leaving the body.


So many of us think of death as the END.

My own Christian mother had a terror of it, yet as she reached the time when she was to go at 98years old  she welcomed it. She even had a Christian nurse pray for God to take her home.
Before she left for Glory she continually asked me, "Tell me about Heaven.".

So I would tell her everything I'd read in the Bible about its beauty. I would tell her what I had heard from the many people who had had an out-of-the-body experience, and how they loved Heaven.
I told her of the rivers of gold, the glorious perfection and how these people never wanted to return to earth.

As a teenager I was often afraid of this unknown phenomenon. I would picture myself in a coffin under the ground unable to get out, mistakenly buried alive.

I am sure many of you readers may have experienced some of the same fears!!

Why do we cling so strongly to wanting to remain in this world??

Yes! God made a beautiful world, that's undeniable.

Yet, many evil people have also made it ugly, with violence and hatred.


The  thievery, brutality, violence and killing of people they don't even know.

The cold uncaring hearts that revel in this idiocracy.


When our beloved sick are suffering. We pray for them to live. We want to keep them with us.
Do we pray for their reason?  OR do we pray for our own!

The Apostle Paul, when an old man, and chained to a guard in a dank cold prison, said this.

 "But if I live,
I can do more fruitful work for Christ.
So I really don’t know which is better.
I’m torn between two desires:
I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. 





But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live.
Knowing this, I am convinced that I will remain alive so I can continue to help all of you grow and experience the joy of your faith." Philippians 1:22-25 (NLT) checked that (KJV is same)





AT DEATH

Our body goes to sleep in the earth.
Our Spirit (created in God's image) goes to Heaven - when we are His believers.
Our Soul (the us, who we are, our personality) returns to God.

Eternity is forever.
Forever in heaven or forever in hell.

Choose God, read the New Testament first if you are unfamiliar with the Bible.

God Bless You.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading your replies. Often you encourage or teach me something I need to know. Life is full of wonderful surprises, so go ahead and AMAZE me today.

Dio ti ama così siamo connessi.