Pinterest

pinterest-site-verification=36e5e61a0a19bbf109eceb6b444d911d

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Give Thanks to God

1 John 2:27 (New International Version)

"As for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you,
and you do not need anyone to teach you.
But as His anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—
just as it has taught you, remain in him (God)."

Wow, what a message! and completely from God's Word.
This doesn't mean don't go to church.
But rather I believe it means....
Let God be your teacher as you read his Word for yourself.
Don't take as gospel everything you hear.

Many of us who profess to be Christian (a Christ Follower), are too lazy to read for ourselves.
Instead we sit in church week after week and listen like robots.
We believe what we hear without looking at the evidence out of a seeking to know Him more heart.
What kind of love is that? 
Lets give thanks, for all God has done for us..
Lets draw closer to Him, by reading His Word.

As a child I attended a small town Sunday School...
One of the songs I learnt was:
Wide wide is the ocean,
High as the Heavens above,
Deep deep as the deepest sea,
Is my Saviours Love.....
We did actions to demonstrate and understand that HUGE love.

Gods love for us is bigger than all the oceans!
How BIG is that...................


8 comments:

  1. Good post. I've learned, too, that there's a big difference between just reading God's Word and studying that Word. I don't do enough of either, unfortunately, but He blesses me when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always, ALWAYS good to know, learn, see for oneself . . . Thank you for the message.
    love & love,
    g

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gorges, I don't study as much as I'd like either.. When I do I am amazed by what I learn new. BUT, Gods Word is my altimate truth, not what I hear from another.Bless you.

    G, so so true! when we stand before God there will be no excuse. Bless you also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...His love..So unfathomable like the deepest seas! Glory to God!

    What better way to be taught than by Him alone? So grateful that the Spirit tells us things about God.

    Thanks for your encouragement sister and God bless and protect you always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God's love - it truly is bigger than all the oceans!! (And I love how we can electronically cross so many to meet!)
    Many many blessings!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree--it's one thing to hear--and even to read--God's word. The trick is in living it and that to me seems to be the work of a lifetime broken down to every day and every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rose,Glory to God indeed dear sister.

    Ann, You are spot on! The body reaches across the sea's to each other.

    Sr Ann Marie, You are so right also. Living it...I always feel one of the best example, was Mother Teresa. I read once that she always lived exactly like those she ministered to. Cold water in the home, bare boards, scant meals...oh to live the words with such love. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. we can read, talk about the bible. if we don't follow the teachings we aren't being real , but fake rose

    ReplyDelete

Please take the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading your replies. Often you encourage or teach me something I need to know. Life is full of wonderful surprises, so go ahead and AMAZE me today.

Dio ti ama così siamo connessi.