Pinterest

pinterest-site-verification=36e5e61a0a19bbf109eceb6b444d911d

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sign's

I live near a busy main highway were fatalities take lives on a regular basis.
Who will be next? Who can tell? If we knew, people would take better care.
Who wants to end up with injuries, brain damage, in a wheelchair or worse.  
No-one knows the day of the hour of their death!!!
Yet many think they can live as they like, with no repercussions.
NOT SO....

Who can safely drink and drive?
Who can speed when no one is looking and ALWAYS get there faster?

Having been an Emergency Room Sister, I know only too well, the disaster of such a mentality.

Recently this was placed in our local newspaper.
A sign depicting what can happen if you don't take care.
Do people take note of these signs? 
I hope and pray it makes them think!
Because.
More fatal accidents happen in the holidays, than any other time.  
WARNINGS,  WARNINGS
Does anyone heed them?
The next sign is asking parents to watch their children.
Why should there be such signs?
Because whenever anything happens to a child, the parent says,
"I thought they were with so and so."
What!!! Responsibility is that of the parent!
Not someone else. 

SIGNS..................

 And here is the most important sign of all time.

ONE WAY......There is ONLY one way to Heaven, the place everyone wants to go to at death.... 
YES, many may be smart and jokingly say they don't care!!!
But death is no joke,  it can't be taken back,  it is final!

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6



Martha answered, “I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life.
He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;
and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.
Do you believe this?”
John 11:24-25

Jesus asked the question.
"Do you believe this???


I ask it also.....Do you?









12 comments:

  1. Yes I ask that, so sad but too often true. I don't know if the signs help. Seems everyone feels they are up there for someone else, not them. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. First...I do.
    Second...the sign depicting the three choices one has that chooses to drink and drive kinda sums it up.
    God bless you Mary crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I sure do believe ...

    These signs are seen but not absorbed, unfortunately.

    Christmas hugs & wishes ~
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I believe! And I LOVE the Christmas card of your 3 grandchildren! What a creative way to send the Good News!

    Blessings to you and yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Stan, I know you do!! Always.

    Hi Marydon, You are so right, eceryone think it will be someone else, not them.

    Hiya Mellisa, good onya, My daughter is a photographer so every Christmas she depicts the children in different ways...The oldest turned 22yrs and recently married..

    God Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sis,, how true this is... Its a constant on my mind especially since we are on the roads soooooo often in our own small business.
    Perhaps its because of going through soooo many deaths and being on Heavens doorstep myself at one time 7 yrs ago.. PRAISE God that He excepts us all when we give Him our hearts!!!
    BTW ,,,You are Sweet for stopping by my blog...It warms my heart when you do come by..
    Soooo happy to be celebrating in Christ's BIRTHDAY with Sweet Sisters like you...That is Reason enough to be CELEBRATING huh!!!~~~Hugs Sweetie~~~Dena

    ReplyDelete
  7. I drove past a sign in front of a small, wood-frame house yesterday, It said, "Drive as if your kids lived in this house."

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so true - there is only ONE WAY! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  9. The signs may help, but today I'm not sure about it. I guess common sense should float to the top, but again, today I don't see it. We are in the midst of a near blizzard (not quite officially cold enough), with blowing snow, high winds and a quarter mile visibility. While downtown I see guys, and gals blowing by me at 70 km/hour +. The legal limit is 70, but common senses says "maybe I can stop in time at 40, if I'm lucky" Where is the common sense and driver responsibility? Some of them no doubt will have plenty of time to contemplate this while sitting in the ditch, or hospital. Good post! I hope lots of folks will read it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I most certainly do believe it.

    I think... that you can talk until you're blue in the face and people will not listen until they are ready. It's so sad that people learn from horrible mistakes; fatal mistakes. Mistakes that they have to live with for the rest of their lives.

    There is a young man I need to talk to who lives down the street from me. He speeds down the alley. We lost a young one a few years ago a few blocks down. I think I will tell him that story.

    I'm glad you posted this... it reminded me of what I need to do.

    God bless you, Crystal Mary.

    By the way - I love you new layout!

    Joey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary,

    What a great sign post, ha ha! Have you bought The Game yet? Your name comes up as a winner of the giveaway!

    Cheers,

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Please take the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading your replies. Often you encourage or teach me something I need to know. Life is full of wonderful surprises, so go ahead and AMAZE me today.

Dio ti ama così siamo connessi.